Current "Singles Only" Job Openings
Position Title: Single Family Teacher
Facility Name: Mooseheart Child City and School
Facility Location: Mooseheart, IL (40 miles W of Chicago)
Contact Person: Kyle Rife
Contact Phone #: (630) 906-3631
Contact E-Mail: KRife@Mooseheart.org
Salary: $30,000 - $31,500 per person + opportunity to earn $2,000 in bonus money each year + free housing, utilities & food + medical/dental/vision insurance options.
Join Mooseheart Child City and School in its mission to care for at-risk children and teens. Mooseheart, located 40 miles west of Chicago, is searching for couples or individuals who strongly believe that every child deserves a healthy, happy, nurturing environment in which to grow, and who are willing to dedicate their careers to enriching the lives of children and teens.
Mooseheart Family Teachers provide safe and caring home environments for children ranging in age from newborns to high school seniors. Family Teachers are responsible for teaching social and independent living skills, as well as providing educational assistance, self-esteem building, and spiritual and moral guidance.
Mooseheart has been publicized in People Magazine, the Chicago Tribune, and on WGN news, A&E, and CNN’s Nancy Grace.
Mooseheart offers Family
• 3 hours of uninterrupted time off each day that the children are in school or summer recreation
• Business vehicle available (when responsible for live-in youth)
• Free room and board (equivalent to a savings of more than $750 per month)
• Low cost employee medical health (BCBS-PPO or HMO) and dental insurance
• Self-directed 401(k) - company makes annual contributions regardless of employee's contributions
• Paid vacations, personal time off, and holidays
• Two days off each week, with 1 bonus day added each month.
Position Title: Caregiver
Facility Name: Compact Family Services
Facility Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
Contact Person: Traci Hughes
Contact Phone #: 501-262-1660
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $35,568 per individual
Mature, compassionate individual with a heart for ministry and/or credentialed minister need only apply. This is a wonderful opportunity to invest in the lives of children and youth. Serve as a caregiver to foster children and youth in a foster group home on a beautiful 65-acre campus. Starting at $23,660 plus with benefits.
If you are interested please complete an application which can be found on our website COMPACTFAMILYSERVICES.ORG” under the ‘get involved’ tab’. Please save your application and then forward it to Rhonda Gant at email@example.com
Position Title: Youth Care Worker – Day & Overnight
Facility Name: Cal Farley's Boys Ranch
Facility Location: Near Amarillo, TX
Contact Person: Please Visit Website
Contact Phone #: Please Visit Website
Contact E-Mail: Please Visit Website
Salary: Salary/Benefits: up to $13/hour
Cal Farley's Boys Ranch is accepting applications for dedicated, energetic people for our childcare teams!
Cal Farley's is a general residential childcare operation, open to at-risk children ages 5 to 18, that has been providing nurturing homes, education and other opportunities for disadvantaged children since 1939; nestled in the rolling hills outside of Amarillo, TX. Boys Ranch is an entire community built to surround children from across the nation with nurturing support and structure.
Youth Care Workers are responsible for working as a team in the provision of direct daily care to the residents of Boy Ranch. They provide for the health, safety, and well-being of each child in care. Successful Youth Care Workers come from many walks of life, represent different age groups, and display different personalities.
Extensive training and outstanding support provided.
- Major medical, dental and vision
- Life insurance & voluntary life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan, with company match up to 5 percent
- Paid time off & 12 annual holidays
- Wellness program
- Tuition & health club reimbursement program
- Fuel supplement for commuting
Position Title: Direct Support Professional
Facility Name: Baptist Children's Homes of North Carolina
Facility Location: Various
Contact Person: Paul Sexton
Contact Phone #: 336-474-1245
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every day is an opportunity for you to be a difference-maker for special needs adults! As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) with Baptist Children’s Homes of North Carolina’s Developmental Disabilities Ministry, you do more than provide a group home for these special residents. It’s about them achieving incredible goals. It’s helping them realize dreams. It’s witnessing their joy as they grow spiritually. And it’s about giving them a family. If this opportunity excites you, then we may have the perfect ministry for you!
In addition, BCH offers a $1000.00 sign-on bonus to all newly hired Direct Support Professional positions ($500.00 after one month of employment and $500.00 after 12 months of employment).
The Direct Support Professional must demonstrate the Institution’s purpose, philosophy, policies and procedures. The Direct Support Professional works as a team member and oversees the day to day activities and needs of the developmentally disabled adults served. These activities relate to supervising and maintaining individual and group relationships at the assigned areas. The position typically requires 24 hour shifts, 8 days on duty and 6 days off duty. Private staff quarters are provided while on duty.
-Must have the capability to manage, plan, organize, implement, monitor and maintain agency programs as well as adhere to accreditation standards and N.C. licensing requirements.
-Must be at least 23 years of age.
-Have at least a high school diploma or equivalent with advanced education preferred. Must be able to read, write, and follow directions.
-Have no substantiated findings of abuse or neglect listed on the North Carolina Health Care Personnel Registry.
-No prior experience is required, but preferred for Direct Support Professional.
-Must demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the individuals served.
Please visit our website at www.bchfamily.org to learn more!
Position Title: Youth Care Worker - Day & Overnight
Facility Name: Homes of Hope for Children
Facility Location: Purvis, MS
Contact Person: Brandon Brown
Contact Phone #: (769) 456-7021
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Salary: $15,000.00 + room & board, use of company vehicle, cell phone, insurance (health, dental, & vision), and retirement (up to 3% matching)
Youth Care Worker - Day & Overnight
We are looking for individuals who are called to meet the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of the children God sends to us. We serve boys and girls who need a home because of circumstances outside of their control, not because of anything they have done wrong. Our primary focus is to keep siblings together in a stable, safe, home-like environment. At Homes of Hope for Children we know that youth care is a rewarding career and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of hurting boys and girls. The housing provided on campus is second to none for direct care staff. We would strongly encourage you to take a look at our website and click on 'Our Program/Campus Layout and Tour' link to review pictures of our homes.
You will be providing youth services at a privately funded, Christian children's home, relieving primary houseparents in a residential setting. Applicants must have a valid drivers' license, be at least 21 years of age, and pass a criminal background check. Responsibilities include providing direct supervision for up to 7 children within a home, while providing date nights for houseparents. You will also be providing for children by making meals; ensuring they are prepared for the public school day; and taking children to school, scheduled appointments, and extra-curricular events.
We provide our relief staff with a private room in a 1,600 sq. ft. apartment on campus with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, as well as a kitchen and laundry room which also includes appliances. Our youth care workers receive 4 weeks paid vacation. These positions require high energy, a sense of humor, flexibility, ability to deescalate, and excellent organizational skills to meet the demands of a large family. Benefits include 100% employee health insurance, 100% dental/vision insurance for employees, company matching into retirement account, free housing, food, utilities, cable & internet access in cottage, a business cell phone, relocation assistance, and a family atmosphere. The base salary for these positions is $15,000.00 per individual. Please contact, via email, Brandon Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Position Title: House Parents
Facility Name: A Kid's Place of Tampa Bay, Inc.
Facility Location: Brandon, Florida
Contact Person: Erin Booker
Contact Phone #: Please use email for communication
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Salary: $50,000.00/yr. per couple. In addition, a $400/month per couple Housing Allowance is provided.
Welcome to the Sunshine State!
A Kid's Place provides residential services to children of all ages who have been removed from their homes due to abuse or neglect. Our primary focus is to keep sibling groups together in a safe, stable, home-like environment until more permanent placement can be provided.
We are currently recruiting for single and/or couple House Parents. Our House Parent(s) are involved in teaching social skills, self-help skills, and independent living skills. House Parents administer the day-to-day operations of a family residence including documentation and domestic responsibilities.
House Parents working schedule is now 7 days onsite/7 days off.
- Provide direct supervision of up to 12 children in a home along with direct care staff on A Kid's Place campus.
- Provide teaching, education and support to children to ensure stability and opportunities for growth, including life skills and assistance with homework.
- Provide behavior modification and interventions for children who may require it and who may display behavioral issues.
- Complete all documentation as required to include staffing notes and daily logs.
- Assist with coordinating activities for children within the facility. This will include transportation, supervision and participation.
- Provide transportation and supervision as needed for children to appointments within the community.
- Assist in maintaining and caring for houses of A Kid's Place, this includes cleaning and preparing meals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- One year experience within social services and direct care of child welfare.
- Appropriate communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, professionals and children.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to document appropriately for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Valid driver's license and ability to pass a DCF background screening.
For more information about us visit www.akidsplacetb.org
For consideration, please submit a resume, to Human Resources by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; or by fax to 813-381-3840
A Kids Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/V/D/F encouraged to apply
Please note: Due to the limited space in the living quarters available to our House Parents while they are working on-site, we are unable to accommodate children of House Parents on our premises, nor are we able to house dogs or cats weighing over 15 pounds.
Position Title: House Parents
Facility Name: El Ranchito de los Ninos
Facility Location: Los Lunas, NM
Contact Person: Amy Kindrick
Contact Phone #: 505.565.4470
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Salary: $30,000 per year per person
El Ranchito de los Niños is located in the beautiful high desert country of central New Mexico, yet only 25 miles south of Albuquerque
The mission of El Ranchito de los Niños is to keep siblings together and families connected when it is no longer possible for them to live together. Set on a small farm, animals are integrated into our program. We work to achieve three goals for each child: That there is a God who created and loves them, that they have worth, and to give them the gift of the most powerful education possible.
While El Ranchito de los Niños is licensed for 16 children from 0 to 18 years, our focus is on children under 13 years. The average length of stay is 4 years. We maintain a staff to child ratio of 6 to 1. Duties include all aspects of raising children in an engaged, loving, caring manner. These duties include meal preparation, transporting to activities in agency vehicles, maintaining a home and general care of indoor and outdoor animals--all with the help of the children. Training is provided.
We hope to receive applications from singles or married couples. Applicants must possess a desire to make a difference in the lives of children that is strong enough to carry them through the issues surrounding children who have experienced abuse and neglect. The provided housing makes it impossible to offer the position to couples with children. Training is provided.
Salary: $30,000.00/person plus room and board, medical/dental insurance, and paid vacation. Must be able to pass driving and criminal background check, and drug screen. Our website is www.elranchitonm.org. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Title: Cottage Parent
Facility Name: Crossnore Communities for Children
Facility Location: Crossnore, NC and Winston-Salem, NC
Contact Person: Angela Voss
Contact Phone #: 336-721-7600
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Salary: Hiring Range is 30,850 to 36,000 per person, varies based on experience and education
Crossnore Communities for Children is looking for individuals and couples with huge hearts to join us as Cottage Parents. As the heart of the home we provide for our children, Cottage Parents play a key role in our philosophy of care. Cottage Parents use a professional, team-oriented, trauma-informed love and logic approach to support our children. Each cottage is home to up to 9 children, with two teams of Cottage Parents serving alternate shifts of 7 days on/7 days off.
Applicants must be over the age of 21, with a minimum of a high school diploma/GED. The ideal candidate is nurturing, open-minded, highly organized, and capable of utilizing a loving approach to provide boundaries and structure.
For more than 100 years, Crossnore Communities for Children has provided a Christian sanctuary of hope and healing for children and families in North Carolina. Our holistic model of care allows us to meet and nurture each child right where they are, regardless of background, experiences, or differences. Crossnore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote employees regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status. We have a clear vision to provide a workplace where a diverse group of talented individuals come to do their best work. We offer a comprehensive set of benefits to support the health and financial well-being of all employees, including emergency sick leave, flexible work schedules where allowable, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision insurance, and more. On campus rentals may be available for off days, but it is not guaranteed. If no rentals are available, employees will need to seek off campus housing.
Openings are available on both campuses (Winston-Salem and Crossnore) for individuals and couples. Come join us in beautiful NC!
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.crossnore.org/careers
Position Title: Family Specialist
Facility Name: Patrick Henry Family Services Operations
Facility Location: Rustburg, VA / Bedford, VA
Contact Person: Andrea Fasciano
Contact Phone #: 434-376-2006
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work for a Greater Good!
Female Applicants Only
The Homes of Hope Family Specialist is a live-in position with housing provided, with flexible scheduling to include some scheduled weekly working hours, and some on-call hours. The Family Specialist, working as a treatment team member, plays a key role in helping young, single mothers learn and heal from previous trauma, and is trained and supported as such. The Family Specialist is trained to effectively apply the Teaching Family Model, Trust Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) and attachment strategies in a congregate living setting and to provide life skills training and education to families in care. The Homes of Hope Specialist supports the day to day operations as well as the development and implementation of all case plans for clients and their children. The family Specialist resides in an on-site apartment at no cost as long as she remains an employee and is not responsible for utilities.
To view full job description and/or apply, please click on the link below:Homes of Hope Family Specialist
Position Title: Lead Mentor
Facility Name: Nancy K. Perry Children's Shelter
Facility Location: West Columbia, South Carolina
Contact Person: Summer Worden
Contact Phone #: 803-359-8595
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Salary: 28,000- 32,000
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: The Nancy K. Perry Children's Shelter's staffing model provides a loving, safe, therapeutic, and family-style environment that encourages each resident to grow socially, emotionally, intellectually, and physically. Within a structured home environment, Lead Mentors ensure a holistic approach to nurturing each child.
POPULATION: Middle and High School-Aged Children
7 Days on 7 Days off:
• $28,000 - $32,000 annually
BENEFITS: Excellent benefits package: Major medical, dental, and vision, Life insurance and voluntary life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, with company match up to 5 percent, Access to 2 mini-vans (while on shift)
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or GED, plus at least 3 years' experience working with children or teens. Pervious group home experience is preferred. At least twenty-five years of age. Must pass a background check. Able to become First Aid and CPR qualified.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Model upstanding morals, ethics, attitudes, and conduct.
• Provide unconditional love, acceptance, respect, trust, honesty, and procedural justice in the treatment for each child.
• Available to the child for mentoring at all times and coordinate guidance with the Treatment Plans of NKPCS.
• Demonstrate correction and guidance in following the policy/procedures and behavioral program of NKPCS.
• Complete the required documentation for each child, including progress notes, critical incidents, weekly updates, etc.
• Participate in the activities of each child: school, sports, music, etc.
• Work closely with NKPCS Child Care staff on any significant experiences, attitudes, or emotional challenges of the child.
• Provide formal and informal opportunities for play and recreational time.
• Plan and serve meals and provide for the house to eat together.
• Teach the child the Independent Living Skills appropriate for his/her age.
• Ensure compliance with medications management
Position Title: Youth Development Specialist (Live In & Non Live In)
Facility Name: Rawhide Youth Services
Facility Location: New London, WI
Contact Person: Kassie Woodliff
Contact Phone #: (920) 851-6895
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work at Rawhide and make a difference every day.
We are looking for passionate, caring and hardworking individuals who feel a calling to help Rawhide transform the lives of at-risk youth. At Rawhide, you will find opportunities for personal and professional career development, a great benefit package, and the fulfillment of knowing the impact that your efforts will have on the lives of youth.
The Youth Development Specialist provides direct-care support in the daily functions and objectives of the Living Unit. Under the direction of the Living Unit Supervisor, the Youth Development Specialist will work with a team to create, implement and sustain a therapeutic culture that recognizes and values progress toward the treatment goals of our youth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides care and therapeutic treatment of Rawhide youth within the residential programs
- Works in conjunction with all teams involved in the development and implementation of individual treatment plans
- Assists with day-to-day residential operations and processes including medication administration
- Completes accurate documentation to remain in compliance with licensing requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; but must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Meet one of the following qualifications
- Have an associates or bachelor’s degree with a focus on child and youth care work or in a social or behavioral science field
- Have at least 1 year of successful experience working in a recognized child welfare setting for the type of population served by Rawhide
- Be certified as a child and youth care worker under the standards of the national organization of child and youth care workers association or other department-recognized certifying authority
- Completion of Rawhide’s supervised traineeship program
- 2-3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Exercises critical thinking, judgment and discernment
- Ability to identify and respond to crisis situations
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- Physically able to meet the demands of the position, including providing therapeutic physical restraints
- Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record
Rawhide would not be able to service it's incredible mission without healthy employees! Which is why we in addition to your competitive salary, medical/dental/vision plan, and competitive 401(k), we offer:
- Flexible Schedule
- Onsite Nurse
- Meals while on duty
- Onsite Café and Coffee Shop
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Nature Trails/Waterfront Access on 700+ acres
- Onsite Gym
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Development Program
To learn more about our Rawhide family and benefits check out the following links!
It is the policy of Rawhide Youth Services, Inc. to comply with the equal opportunity policy and
standards of the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, the Department of Health
Services and the Department of Workforce Development and all applicable state and federal
statutes and regulations relating to nondiscrimination in employment and service delivery.
Position Title: Residential Manager
Facility Name: Jim Riley Outreach
Facility Location: Plano, Texas
Contact Person: Hope Broomham
Contact Phone #: 972-358-4732
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Salary: The compensation package for this position is $45,000. This includes health insurance and housing. Deducting the expenses, take home pay will be $30,000. The position will include three weeks paid vacation per year, as well as gas reimbursement.
The Residential Manager position is a live-in multifaceted leadership position which requires skills in several different areas. The residential manager works in collaboration with the director of programs to foster a family-like environment and to ensure rules and policies are being followed. This person must be a team player and flexible as daily tasks vary each day. The residential manager serves as a positive role model to residents and provides critical support to them as they work the program. We are looking with someone who shows initiative and drive to build the program. Due to nature of position (serving in a male residential home), we are accepting only male applicants. See link for further information about responsibilities.
Position Title: Residential Child Care Specialist (RCCS)
Facility Name: Florida United Methodist Children's Home and Madison Youth Ranch
Facility Location: 51 Children's Way, Enterprise, Florida 32725 and Madison Youth Ranch, 1647 NE Captain Buie Road, Pinetta, FL
Contact Phone #: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Are you looking for meaningful work that helps build a healthy future for children and youth? Are you a compassionate person who enjoys helping children and youth in crisis?
Since opening our doors in 1908, the Florida United Methodist Children's Home (FUMCH) has served children and families' diverse needs by focusing on providing a nurturing environment to meet each child's emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
We're looking for enthusiastic heroes to join our fantastic team!
WHY JOIN US?
- Opportunity to make a positive difference
- Culture of caring for staff and children
- Healthy Work-Life Balance
- Premium Employee Benefits Package, including one week vacation
- 403B Retirement with up to 5% match
- Company provided life insurance and long term disability insurance
- Work on a 120 acre campus, lined with oak trees, on the banks of Lake Monroe in Enterprise, Florida or on a 200 acre campus at our Madison Youth Ranch located in Pinetta, Florida (just minutes from Georgia).
- Salary is $35,568 annually per employee. (working only 26 weeks a year)
- Work schedule is 7 days on / 7 days off
We are currently recruiting single Residential Child Care Specialists, who are strongly committed to making a significant contribution to the children and youth we serve. The primary role of the Residential Child Care Specialist (RCCS) is to provide direct care support to children/youth in our programs. The Residential Child Care Specialist ensures day-to-day supervision of youth is consistent with the Florida United Methodist Children’s Home policies and procedures and as an RCCS, you will monitor all aspects of daily cottage life and be the primary person(s) caring for the child/youth during his/her stay at FUMCH. Your work schedule is 7 days on and 7 days off, and you will live in a comfortable cottage with the children in a family setting while on shift. Your meals are provided while you are on shift in the cottage.
- Demonstrate an understanding of trauma informed practices through the promotion of safety, consistent care, supervision and support to residents.
- Ensure consistent implementation of each resident’s individual service plan through participation in the development of unit activities, life skill exercises and recreation activities as well as through identifying opportunities for acculturation and spiritual life awareness.
- Encourage and support each resident in the pursuit of educational growth, acculturation activities and life skills development Plan and provide for the safe transportation of youth to various activities that may include, court/legal appointments, meals out, medical appointments, etc.
- Maintain the order, safety, cleanliness of the facility, housekeeping and adequate supervision of residents at all times including cleaning tasks including sweep/mop/vacuum floors, dusting, laundry, wipe down surface areas, window cleaning, cleaning of bathrooms, youth bedrooms, collecting and taking our trash, and cleaning company vehicles.
- Provide for the nutritional needs of the youth including the preparation meals according to approved dietary menu.
- Provide for the health and clothing needs of each youth in the cottage. This includes distribution of medications and proper documentation of medication.
- Ability to work with youth whose behaviors can reflect that of trauma related experiences
- Must have strong communication skills including accurate and detailed writing abilities for case notes
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential issues
- Must have the energy and flexibility to meet the changing needs of children/youth
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and make sound decisions
- Ability to handle emergencies and follow appropriate protocols
- Ability to build trusting relationships with clients and effectively engage clients from diverse cultures
- Must have sensitivity to the service population
- High school diploma or GED required / degree preferred
- Minimum age for this position is 21 years old
- Minimum of one year experience working with children, either in work or volunteer
- Clean driving record
- Be able to pass an extensive background screening process
HEROES WORK HERE!
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Florida United Methodist Children's Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation/gender identity, place of national origin and other categories protected by law are not factors in employment, promotion, compensation or working conditions.