Current "Singles Only" Job Openings
Position Title: Single Family Teacher
Facility Name: Mooseheart Child City and School
Facility Location: Mooseheart, IL (40 miles W of Chicago)
Contact Person: Kyle Rife
Contact Phone #: (630) 906-3631
Contact E-Mail: KRife@Mooseheart.org
Salary: $30,000 - $31,500 per person + opportunity to earn $2,000 in bonus money each year + free housing, utilities & food + medical/dental/vision insurance options.
Join Mooseheart Child City and School in its mission to care for at-risk children and teens. Mooseheart, located 40 miles west of Chicago, is searching for couples or individuals who strongly believe that every child deserves a healthy, happy, nurturing environment in which to grow, and who are willing to dedicate their careers to enriching the lives of children and teens.
Mooseheart Family Teachers provide safe and caring home environments for children ranging in age from newborns to high school seniors. Family Teachers are responsible for teaching social and independent living skills, as well as providing educational assistance, self-esteem building, and spiritual and moral guidance.
Mooseheart has been publicized in People Magazine, the Chicago Tribune, and on WGN news, A&E, and CNN’s Nancy Grace.
Mooseheart offers Family
• 3 hours of uninterrupted time off each day that the children are in school or summer recreation
• Business vehicle available (when responsible for live-in youth)
• Free room and board (equivalent to a savings of more than $750 per month)
• Low cost employee medical health (BCBS-PPO or HMO) and dental insurance
• Self-directed 401(k) - company makes annual contributions regardless of employee's contributions
• Paid vacations, personal time off, and holidays
• Two days off each week, with 1 bonus day added each month.
Position Title: Caregiver
Facility Name: Compact Family Services
Facility Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
Contact Person: Traci Hughes
Contact Phone #: 501-262-1660
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Salary: $35,568 per individual
Mature, compassionate individual with a heart for ministry and/or credentialed minister need only apply. This is a wonderful opportunity to invest in the lives of children and youth. Serve as a caregiver to foster children and youth in a foster group home on a beautiful 65-acre campus. Starting at $23,660 plus with benefits.
If you are interested please complete an application which can be found on our website COMPACTFAMILYSERVICES.ORG” under the ‘get involved’ tab’. Please save your application and then forward it to Rhonda Gant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Youth Care Specialist
Facility Name: Harvest Child Care Ministries
Facility Location: Duffield, VA
Contact Person: Newl Dotson
Contact Phone #: 423.502.4684
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Salary: $12 - $16 / hour depending on experience / education
Position Title: Youth Care Specialist
• Supervision of and interaction with children and implementation of daily living schedule
• Transport to school, doctors, dentists, mental health appointments, court, etc.
• Teach daily life and social skills through chores, recreation, homework, etc.
• Responsible to clean residential unit and do resident’s laundry
• Maintain assigned vehicle
• Conduct daily devotions with children and attend church on Sunday
• Be at least 21 years old
• Pass an FBI and CPS background check
• Clean driving record
• Have earned a Bachelor’s degree in education, social services, or ministry; or have at least six months professional experience working with youth.
• Adhere to and be willing to teach a conservative, fundamental, traditional lifestyle.
• Able to work 7 pm - 7 am and week-ends on a rotating schedule.
• Physically able to stand for long periods and engage in recreational activities
Salary & Benefits:
• $12.00 - $16.00 / hour depending on education and experience
• Life, health, short-term and long-term disability insurance provided. Dental / Vision insurance available
• 2 weeks paid vacation after one year of employment
• Matching retirement plan after one year of employment
• Meals when working
Application Procedure: (submit by email to Robin@harvestccm.org)
• Resume with salary requirement, two personal references, one pastor’s reference. (Please include names and addresses of employers and references)
• Written testimonial statement detailing church / spiritual history.
Position Title: Youth Care Worker – Day & Overnight
Facility Name: Cal Farley's Boys Ranch
Facility Location: Near Amarillo, TX
Contact Person: Please Visit Website
Contact Phone #: Please Visit Website
Contact E-Mail: Please Visit Website
Salary: Salary/Benefits: up to $13/hour
Cal Farley's Boys Ranch is accepting applications for dedicated, energetic people for our childcare teams!
Cal Farley's is a general residential childcare operation, open to at-risk children ages 5 to 18, that has been providing nurturing homes, education and other opportunities for disadvantaged children since 1939; nestled in the rolling hills outside of Amarillo, TX. Boys Ranch is an entire community built to surround children from across the nation with nurturing support and structure.
Youth Care Workers are responsible for working as a team in the provision of direct daily care to the residents of Boy Ranch. They provide for the health, safety, and well-being of each child in care. Successful Youth Care Workers come from many walks of life, represent different age groups, and display different personalities.
Extensive training and outstanding support provided.
- Major medical, dental and vision
- Life insurance & voluntary life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan, with company match up to 5 percent
- Paid time off & 12 annual holidays
- Wellness program
- Tuition & health club reimbursement program
- Fuel supplement for commuting
Position Title: Direct Support Professional
Facility Name: Baptist Children's Homes of North Carolina
Facility Location: Various
Contact Person: Paul Sexton
Contact Phone #: 336-474-1245
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every day is an opportunity for you to be a difference-maker for special needs adults! As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) with Baptist Children’s Homes of North Carolina’s Developmental Disabilities Ministry, you do more than provide a group home for these special residents. It’s about them achieving incredible goals. It’s helping them realize dreams. It’s witnessing their joy as they grow spiritually. And it’s about giving them a family. If this opportunity excites you, then we may have the perfect ministry for you!
In addition, BCH offers a $1000.00 sign-on bonus to all newly hired Direct Support Professional positions ($500.00 after one month of employment and $500.00 after 12 months of employment).
The Direct Support Professional must demonstrate the Institution’s purpose, philosophy, policies and procedures. The Direct Support Professional works as a team member and oversees the day to day activities and needs of the developmentally disabled adults served. These activities relate to supervising and maintaining individual and group relationships at the assigned areas. The position typically requires 24 hour shifts, 8 days on duty and 6 days off duty. Private staff quarters are provided while on duty.
-Must have the capability to manage, plan, organize, implement, monitor and maintain agency programs as well as adhere to accreditation standards and N.C. licensing requirements.
-Must be at least 23 years of age.
-Have at least a high school diploma or equivalent with advanced education preferred. Must be able to read, write, and follow directions.
-Have no substantiated findings of abuse or neglect listed on the North Carolina Health Care Personnel Registry.
-No prior experience is required, but preferred for Direct Support Professional.
-Must demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the individuals served.
Please visit our website at www.bchfamily.org to learn more!
Position Title: Youth Care Worker - Day & Overnight
Facility Name: Homes of Hope for Children
Facility Location: Purvis, MS
Contact Person: Brandon Brown
Contact Phone #: (769) 456-7021
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Salary: $15,000.00 + room & board, use of company vehicle, cell phone, insurance (health, dental, & vision), and retirement (up to 3% matching)
Youth Care Worker - Day & Overnight
We are looking for individuals who are called to meet the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of the children God sends to us. We serve boys and girls who need a home because of circumstances outside of their control, not because of anything they have done wrong. Our primary focus is to keep siblings together in a stable, safe, home-like environment. At Homes of Hope for Children we know that youth care is a rewarding career and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of hurting boys and girls. The housing provided on campus is second to none for direct care staff. We would strongly encourage you to take a look at our website and click on 'Our Program/Campus Layout and Tour' link to review pictures of our homes.
You will be providing youth services at a privately funded, Christian children's home, relieving primary houseparents in a residential setting. Applicants must have a valid drivers' license, be at least 21 years of age, and pass a criminal background check. Responsibilities include providing direct supervision for up to 7 children within a home, while providing date nights for houseparents. You will also be providing for children by making meals; ensuring they are prepared for the public school day; and taking children to school, scheduled appointments, and extra-curricular events.
We provide our relief staff with a private room in a 1,600 sq. ft. apartment on campus with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, as well as a kitchen and laundry room which also includes appliances. Our youth care workers receive 4 weeks paid vacation. These positions require high energy, a sense of humor, flexibility, ability to deescalate, and excellent organizational skills to meet the demands of a large family. Benefits include 100% employee health insurance, 100% dental/vision insurance for employees, company matching into retirement account, free housing, food, utilities, cable & internet access in cottage, a business cell phone, relocation assistance, and a family atmosphere. The base salary for these positions is $15,000.00 per individual. Please contact, via email, Brandon Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Position Title: House Parents
Facility Name: A Kid's Place of Tampa Bay, Inc.
Facility Location: Brandon, Florida
Contact Person: Erin Booker
Contact Phone #: Please use email for communication
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Salary: $50,000.00/yr. per couple. In addition, a $400/month per couple Housing Allowance is provided.
Welcome to the Sunshine State!
A Kid's Place provides residential services to children of all ages who have been removed from their homes due to abuse or neglect. Our primary focus is to keep sibling groups together in a safe, stable, home-like environment until more permanent placement can be provided.
We are currently recruiting for single and/or couple House Parents. Our House Parent(s) are involved in teaching social skills, self-help skills, and independent living skills. House Parents administer the day-to-day operations of a family residence including documentation and domestic responsibilities.
House Parents working schedule is now 7 days onsite/7 days off.
- Provide direct supervision of up to 12 children in a home along with direct care staff on A Kid's Place campus.
- Provide teaching, education and support to children to ensure stability and opportunities for growth, including life skills and assistance with homework.
- Provide behavior modification and interventions for children who may require it and who may display behavioral issues.
- Complete all documentation as required to include staffing notes and daily logs.
- Assist with coordinating activities for children within the facility. This will include transportation, supervision and participation.
- Provide transportation and supervision as needed for children to appointments within the community.
- Assist in maintaining and caring for houses of A Kid's Place, this includes cleaning and preparing meals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- One year experience within social services and direct care of child welfare.
- Appropriate communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, professionals and children.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to document appropriately for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Valid driver's license and ability to pass a DCF background screening.
For more information about us visit www.akidsplacetb.org
For consideration, please submit a resume, to Human Resources by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; or by fax to 813-381-3840
A Kids Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/V/D/F encouraged to apply
Please note: Due to the limited space in the living quarters available to our House Parents while they are working on-site, we are unable to accommodate children of House Parents on our premises, nor are we able to house dogs or cats weighing over 15 pounds.
Position Title: House Parents
Facility Name: St. Jude's Ranch for Children
Facility Location: Boulder City, Nevada
Contact Person: Olympia Lazar
Contact Phone #: 702-294-7159
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Salary: See Below
Imagine being a part of a community that makes a difference in the lives of children! Starting pay is $35,568 with housing, utilities, gasoline, vehicle and food all employer-paid.
At this time, we are also excited to offer new House Parents a sign on bonus of $1,250, payable after all training is complete, when the House Parent and home have been fully licensed, and has had active placements for 90 days.
For over 50 years, St. Jude’s Ranch for Children has provided a safe, nurturing home with therapeutic residential treatment services to thousands of abused and neglected children in Nevada. House Parents at St. Jude’s provide on-going direct care, emotional nurturing, and daily supervision of children ages 0-18 years, as well as supervising assigned staff in the home. They work with Behavioral Health staff to provide updates, follow through on clinical recommendations, and coordinate/facilitate needed services and interventions. Our ideal House Parents:
• Are responsive to children's needs, providing home cooked meals in family style dining and administering medication
• Teach youth skills to maximize skill development and independent living, providing emotional support and serving as role models
• Provide crisis intervention to youth while maintaining emotional self-control and de-escalating youth in crisis
• Communicate with youth’s team to provide information in regard to youth behaviors, strategies, and progress, attending court sessions, team meetings, and conferences on behalf of youth
• Ensure home meets DFS licensing, health department, and USDA requirements at all times, maintaining line of sight supervision on youth at all times, depending on age and maturity
• Represent the organization with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public
House Parent starting compensation is $35,568 per year, subject to standard deductions required by law. In addition, House Parents receive a $50 per month phone stipend which will commence the first of the month after the date of hire.
As part of your compensation package, the Ranch agrees to provide the following:
- Housing with a fair market value of $1,000-1,500 per month
- Food valued at up to $300 for a single person, or up to $1000 for a family of four per month
- Utilities (water, sewage, gas, power, trash, and phone) valued at $372 per month
- Vehicle and fuel card provided to use in the performance of your duties.
House Parents will also receive a period of rest of at least 24 consecutive hours biweekly and will receive at least 48 consecutive hours of rest during each calendar month.
Education and Experience:
Minimum requirement of a high school diploma; Associate's Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Psychology, Social Work, or a related field preferred; AND two (2) years of child care experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
• Nevada driver’s license.
• CPR and First Aid certification within six (6) months of date of employment.
• Able to be Medicaid Provider certified within six (6) months of date of employment.
Position Title: House Parents
Facility Name: El Ranchito de los Ninos
Facility Location: Los Lunas, NM
Contact Person: Amy Kindrick
Contact Phone #: 505.565.4470
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $30,000 per year per person
El Ranchito de los Niños is located in the beautiful high desert country of central New Mexico, yet only 25 miles south of Albuquerque
The mission of El Ranchito de los Niños is to keep siblings together and families connected when it is no longer possible for them to live together. Set on a small farm, animals are integrated into our program. We work to achieve three goals for each child: That there is a God who created and loves them, that they have worth, and to give them the gift of the most powerful education possible.
While El Ranchito de los Niños is licensed for 16 children from 0 to 18 years, our focus is on children under 13 years. The average length of stay is 4 years. We maintain a staff to child ratio of 6 to 1. Duties include all aspects of raising children in an engaged, loving, caring manner. These duties include meal preparation, transporting to activities in agency vehicles, maintaining a home and general care of indoor and outdoor animals--all with the help of the children. Training is provided.
We hope to receive applications from singles or married couples. Applicants must possess a desire to make a difference in the lives of children that is strong enough to carry them through the issues surrounding children who have experienced abuse and neglect. The provided housing makes it impossible to offer the position to couples with children. Training is provided.
Salary: $30,000.00/person plus room and board, medical/dental insurance, and paid vacation. Must be able to pass driving and criminal background check, and drug screen. Our website is www.elranchitonm.org. Send resumes to email@example.com.