There are job listings from all over the country at Christian and Non-Christian Facilities. There are also listings for Maternity homes and homes for disabled and special needs individuals.
Position Title: Teaching Parent Couples and Teaching Parent Individuals
Facility Name: Boys and Girls Country of Houston
Facility Location:Hockley, TX –35 miles northwest of Houston
Contact Person: MeShele Edmondson
Contact Phone #: 281.605.8232
Contact E-Mail: Meshelee@boysandgirlscountry.org www.boysandgirlscountry.org
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits + sign on bonus, housing, utilities & food, medical/dental/vision insurance options, Life, LTD, FSA, HSA, Employer 403(b) retirement contributions, paid time off, on-site weight room, wellness program. Relocation assistance.
Boys and Girls Country has an immediate opening for a Christian married couple to parent up to 8 children in a large cottage that includes Teaching Parent living quarters. For 50 years, Boys and Girls Country has hired Teaching Parent couples that are led by God to help change the lives of children from families in crisis by loving and nurturing them in a Christian home. This is a live-in position and we are currently looking for married couples and individuals with a commitment to work 24 hours a day for 8 days, with 4 days off. All candidates must successfully complete a criminal history investigation, drug testing and TB test. Applicants must have experience working with children including volunteering, Sunday school and/or church ministry. Teaching Parents receive comprehensive training for 2 to 3 weeks, to include the Teaching Family Model, TBRI, Crisis Intervention/SAMA, First Aid/CPR, and Medication Administration.
Position Title: Home Parents
Facility Name: Methodist Children's Home
Facility Location: Waco, Texas
Contact Person: Human Resources
Contact Phone #: 254-750-1218
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Salary: Depends on Experience
Methodist Children’s Home serves children and youth through residential programs on a campus in Waco and the nearby MCH Boys Ranch. The Waco campus features new, state-of-the-art homes on 130 acres, within walking distance of the Brazos River and beautiful Cameron Park. The Boys Ranch, located 10 miles outside of Waco, features 500 acres where youth can participate in a variety of outdoor activities.
Home Parent positions are available at both locations, for married couples as well as single adults. We offer competitive pay with benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, and more. Home Parents work 7 days on and 7 days off, with living space provided.
Home Parents care for and supervise youth in placement and implement the MCH model of care in homes on the assigned campus. Depending on the program, ages may range from 10-17. Home Parents must exhibit the intellectual and emotional maturity required to work with youth who have behavioral issues and difficulty relating to others due to developmental delays, mental health needs and trauma.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop a relationship with each youth and teach self-regulation techniques and acceptable ways to give and receive care.
• Respect the rights and personal belief system of each child.
• Ensure youth have the appropriate clothing, shoes, and hygiene items needed for grooming, including encouragement and
coaching on maintaining good hygiene.
• Arrange for and take youth to the doctor and other appointments, and dispense medications.
• Assist in the planning, ordering, and preparation of healthy meals and snacks in the home.
• Support participation in spiritual development, academic, athletic and social extracurricular activities.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Further education and experience in childcare-related fields preferred
• At least 21 years of age
• Valid Texas Driver’s License
• No criminal history
APPLY on our website!
Position Title: Foster House Parent
Facility Name: St Jude's Ranch for Children
Facility Location: Boulder City, Nevada
Contact Person: Tina M Bellerose
Contact Phone #: 702.294.7100
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: 71136.00 per couple yearly
Imagine you and your spouse, partner, or family member being a part of a community that makes a difference in the lives of children - as a TEAM! Starting pay is $71,136 per couple with housing, utilities, gasoline, vehicle and food all employer-paid. Each team member must apply individually.
At this time, we are also excited to offer new House Parents a sign on bonus of $1,250, payable after one year Anniversary.
For over 50 years, St. Jude's Ranch for Children has provided a safe, nurturing home with therapeutic residential treatment services to thousands of abused and neglected children in Nevada. House Parents at St. Jude's provide on-going direct care, emotional nurturing, and daily supervision of children ages 0-18 years, as well as supervising assigned staff in the home. They work with Behavioral Health staff to provide updates follow through on clinical recommendations and coordinate/facilitate needed services and interventions. Our ideal House Parents:
• Are responsive to children's needs, providing home cooked meals in family style dining and administering medication
• Teach youth skills to maximize skill development and independent living, providing emotional support and serving as role models
• Provide crisis intervention to youth while maintaining emotional self-control and de-escalating youth in crisis
• Communicate with youth's team to provide information in regard to youth behaviors, strategies, and progress, attending court sessions, team meetings, and conferences on behalf of youth
• Ensure home meets DFS licensing, health department, and USDA requirements at all times, maintaining line of sight supervision on youth at all times, depending on age and maturity
• Represent the organization with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public
House Parents starting compensation as a couple will be $71,136 per year, subject to standard deductions required by law. In addition, House Parents each will receive a $50 per month phone stipend which will commence 90 days after the date of hire.
As part of your compensation package, the Ranch agrees to pay the following:
• Utilities-water, sewage, gas, power, trash, and phone.
Additionally, the Ranch will provide a vehicle with a fuel card to use in the performance of your duties.
Position Title: House Parents
Facility Name: Cherish House
Facility Location: Spirit Lake, IA
Contact Person: Annette Eckert
Contact Phone #: 712-338-3333
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Cherish House is seeking a husband-and-wife team with missionary hearts to be full-time live in House Parents. The main responsibility of the House Parent is to provide care, nurturing, and structure for up to six expectant mothers and their children. House Parents will also serve the ministry in secondary capacities as needed.
This is a full-time position and is eligible for benefits and includes full 4 bedroom housing accommodations with private entrance, meals and transportation.
The Cherish Center is a sustainable organization offering faith-based, life-changing services for families to be strengthened and renewed through care and compassionate support. The purpose of the Cherish House is to provide expectant mothers and their children a safe, compassionate, and faith-based home environment. Those seeking support will be empowered on their journey toward independence by creating avenues of hope and healing. The avenues of hope and healing are offered through Cherish House mentoring, access to medical care, mental health/substance use counseling, spiritual guidance, education support, employment or volunteering encouragement, and parenting training and/or adoption assistance at no charge.
Position Title: Houseparent
Facility Name: Hutton Settlement Children's Home
Facility Location: Spokane, WA
Contact Person: Jessica Laughery
Contact Phone #: 509-838-2789
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Hutton Settlement values, mission and vision, serves as a team-based parental figure within a cottage family unit. Provides a nurturing environment and supportive relationships for children in residence.
Schedule: Full-time (8 days on, 3 days off): Houseparents must reside on-campus during shifts
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Responsible for the development of resonant relationships with each assigned child, exercising major responsibility for the development of earned security and social- emotional growth through attachment-based parenting methods. Counsels children to alleviate and address personal and family difficulties.
Participates in Circle of Security parent consultations and related development practices for personal awareness and growth
Promotes a sense of belonging for children in care through active participation in campus and community engagement activities.
Teaches and encourages assigned children in the development of good habits and values through the implementation of a balanced cottage program, including clear expectations and approved discipline according to the agency discipline policy and primary houseparents’ cottage plan.
Plans, supervises, and participates in the daily activities of cottage children including social/ leisure time, recreation, chores, school, and spiritual activities.
Teaches health principles, and monitors and directs children’s personal hygiene. Prepares balanced, nutritional meals for assigned children.
Monitors children’s medical and dental needs to include documentation of medication given. Assists with attendance at children’s counseling, medical, or dental sessions as needed.
Assists with the planning and implementation of weekly menu plan.
Implements housekeeping program as defined by the primary houseparents, with the assistance of age appropriate children for the development of a healthy work ethic and responsibility. Maintains standards of cottage cleanliness daily.
Promotes sense of community contribution with children in care through assistance with maintaining the exterior grounds around the cottage and within determined areas of responsibility on campus.
For full description and qualifications, visit https://huttonsettlement.org/careers/.
Position Title: Houseparents
Facility Name: Masonic Home of Georgia
Facility Location: Macon, GA
Contact Person: Chris Babcock
Contact Phone #: 478.743.5154
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
The Masonic Home of Georgia is looking for a 3 Houseparents:
Couple: will be Main Houseparent on Cottage taking care of up to 8 boys.
Boys Relief: will work 3 Days on one Boys Cottage and then 3 Days on another Boys Cottage.
Driver/Girls Relief: Will drive 3 Days and then work 3 Days on a Girls Cottage
The Masonic Home is located in Macon, GA which is about 60 miles south of Atlanta.
All positions are Full Time working a 6 Days On / 3 Days Off Rotation. For the 6 day coverage you are required to be on the grounds.
The Masonic Home provides basic care to the children in our program and each child in our care is here for one reason or another. Our children are both male and female with an age range of 5-18.
During your on duty time, you will be working with the boys/girls on your hall - helping them cope with everyday facets of life. Being a positive role model to the children on the hall is important and the Home makes every attempt to provide a structured and consistent atmosphere for the children in our care.
A sampling of responsibilities would be:
Developing a Daily Schedule (Main Houseparent).
Following our Behavior System
We are Team Oriented (will be working with other Houseparents, Social Workers, Education Director and Director of Home Life)
Taking and Picking children up at school
Taking children to Doctor’s appointments
Cooking some meals on the weekend
Housing is provided (Apartment on Cottage with Private Entrance for your Days Off). An Individual Health Insurance Plan is provided at The Masonic Home’s cost - no cost to you. You will also have about 6 weeks of paid vacation a year which occur during the children’s school breaks. We also offer a matching 401(k). We offer a competitive salary.
Requirements: Must be 21 Years or older, a Valid Driver’s License (if hired will have to obtain a Georgia Driver’s License), High School Diploma or GED Equivalent, NO Criminal or Driving Record.
If you have any questions at all - please contact us (478) 743-5154.
Position Title: House Parents
Facility Name: Florence Crittenton Home
Facility Location: 3600 West 11th Street, Little Rock, AR 72204
Contact Person: Debbie Stripling
Contact Phone #: 1.501.912.5644
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Immediate need for house parents to serve in Little Rock, AR. The Florence Crittenton Home is an Emergency Shelter home which serves youth that are in DHS/DCFS custody ages 13-17, both male and female. House parents work 2 weeks on - 2 weeks off. Health Insurance and vision are provided for full time employees. Dental, 401K, Life insurance are optional. All State and Federal background checks, driving records, drug testing and child maltreatment checks are required.
House parents are assisted by residential techs and overnight monitors.
Please complete an online job application at: www.fwbfm.com and attach resumes.
Position Title: House Parent
Facility Name: Glenwood Academy
Facility Location: Glenwood, Illinois
Contact Person: Candace Ott
Contact Phone #: 708-756-5055
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
POSITION SUMMARY & OBJECTIVES:
The Houseparent position is responsible for providing a safe and a home like environment within the general policies and guidelines of the Agency for the students entrusted in their care. Use of effective verbal and written communication with staff, students and families. Frequent use of computer. Maintains flexibility to adjust work schedule according to Agency needs.
• Daily care and supervision of students entrusted in their care.
• Attend to student’s health, nutrition and rights while in their care.
• Maintain a professional and nurturing relationship with student, parents/guardians, and staff.
• Both Houseparents are to be present and engaged with students at all times during Residential hours.
• Work as part of a team to ensure high standard of care.
• Participates in team meetings and uses other meetings/trainings to accomplish the objectives the agency has for students and families.
• Maintain regular communication with supervisor.
• Monitor safety, health conditions in assigned cottage.
• Maintain cottage integrity.
• Plan and implementation of recreation, social activities, and special events for students.
• Ability to work effectively with students and staff in a culturally diverse environment.
• Reinforce positive social and behavioral skills, through everyday encounters.
• Active communication with internal and external team members.
• Complete all necessary reports, forms, and documentation accurately and timely.
• Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the position.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Teach positive social behavioral and educational skills, through everyday encounters and family meetings and by setting goals and charting progress.
• Promote and maintain discipline at all times.
• Maintains flexibility to adjust work schedule according to Agency needs
• Participate in agency seminars and in-service programs as designated by administration.
• Ensure that health and safety procedures are observed.
• Attend regular statutory training as well as role-specific training.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Married couple for a minimum three years
• Minimum education level is a high school diploma or GED.
• Experience working with children and youth.
• Must have valid Illinois driver’s license with no suspensions in effect within the previous three (3) years of hire.
Position Title: House Parent
Facility Name: His House Children's Home
Facility Location: Miami Gardens, FL
Contact Person: Kemi Durosomo
Contact Phone #: 305.430.0085
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $17.00 per hour
HOUSE PARENTS (LIVE - IN, FT): Responsible for providing direct care and supervision to youth in a group home setting in accordance with local, state and contract requirements. Under the direction of the Director of Residential Services, the position provides on-site supervision and management of assigned direct care staff. Will also monitor and properly maintain all required home-specific documents for completion and accuracy and comply with all policies, practices and procedures. Will promote a therapeutic environment by fostering and maintaining an environment conducive to the safety, healing and character building of the youth, as well as the staff. Minimum Associates Degree required from an accredited College / University with four (4) years working experience as a House Parent or related experience OR Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University with two (2) years working experience as a House Parent or related experience. Full Housing and 100% Medical Insurance provided. Must have great communication and organizational skills. Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, able to pass a criminal background check and a good driving record.
Position Title: Teaching Parent Couple (Full time and weekend couples needed)
Facility Name: Samaritan Center for Young Boys & Families
Facility Location: Stuart, Florida
Contact Person: Pat Bryant
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Salary: $40,000 per couple, plus paid housing, utilities, cable TV internet and food budget/allowance. $10,000 for weekend couples. Increases considered based on performance, Health Insurance is provided
Located on 11 serene acres in beautiful South Florida, Samaritan Center for Young Boys & Families is a progressing and evolving Christian residential, early intervention program and school, for young boys with behavioral challenges and their families.
The position of Residential Teaching Parent involves the combined efforts of a married couple called by the Lord to provide for the total care, training and supervision of a group of boys from various backgrounds. Residential Teaching Parents will make a difference in the lives of these boys that will have eternal consequences. This couple will also provide communication, guidance and encouragement to those who have legal custody of the children.
Samaritan Center is a seven-day program. Full time position requires availability Sunday afternoon through Friday morning. Weekend position requires availability Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. Off-time also includes holiday breaks and summers.
Our search will continue until the right parents are found. Please submit a cover letter outlining your passion for children and why you feel you would be an asset to our ministry.
Position Title: Full and Part Time House Parent Positions
Facility Name: New Life Children's Home
Facility Location: Oil Trough, AR
Contact Person: Leslie Bumpous
Contact Phone #: 870-217-1371
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
New Life Children's Home in Oil Trough, AR is an all teenage girls children's home. We are a faith based children's home. We have full time house parent positions available and part time relief house parent positions available. The full time house parent position offers many benefits like housing provided, full-time live-in position, utilities and housing paid, transportation provided, a relief cottage is provided for days off, and work 5 days on and 2 days off. Must be 21 years of age and High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required. The part time relief house parent position offers transportation provided, overnight position 2 to 4 days a week, must be 21 years of age and High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required. New Life Children's Home is currently seeking houseparent's that will make life-changing impact in the lives of teenage children. Demonstrate correction and guidance in following the policy/procedures and behavioral program of New Life Children's Home. Teach everyday living skills to the children. Participate in daily activities with the children. Cook and serve meals for the house to eat together. Will promote a therapeutic environment by maintaining an environment conducive to the safety, healing and character building of the children. Must have a valid driver’s license, able to pass a criminal background check and child maltreatment check.
Position Title: Houseparents
Facility Name: Albuquerque Christian Children's Home
Facility Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Contact Person: Sharon Roberson
Contact Phone #: 505.898.5520
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
We are looking for a married couple who love children, model their faith, and want to serve fulltime in our ministry as Houseparents. Interested couples will send a cover letter and their resume to Sharon Roberson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Houseparent
Facility Name: Turbeville Children’s Home
Facility Location: Turbeville, SC
Contact Person: Pam Moore
Contact Phone #: 757.971.8336
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Salary: Starts at $22,500 and goes up based on experience
Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the lives of youth?
We are a Christian Children's home, currently looking for a Male, Female or Couples with a like-minded passion to serve youth; to work with teenage Males & Females. The ideal candidate is able to be nurturing, non-judgmental, calm, highly organized, and capable of utilizing a loving, caring approach to provide boundaries and structure to children.**To be considered for this position, Houseparent applicants must submit a resume'. Please call 843-659-2880 to obtain an application.
* Full-time opportunity working 24/7 with the girls for one week at a time.
* The schedule is one week on and one week off (Monday to Monday)
* Responsibilities include teaching the children life skills, character building skills, home living structure, transportation to appointments, medication administration, etc.
* Salary is based on experience.
* Full benefit package offered including medical and dental plans, and 403(b) retirement plan.
* Majority of the health care premium paid by the company
* High energy is recommended and the ability to adapt to changes in daily routines.
* Must be team oriented.
* 21 years of age or older
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Valid driver’s license with a 3 year good driving record
* Medical screening including a Tb test
* Pass required South Carolina DSS background checks including fingerprinting and drug test.
* Understand basic computer knowledge to complete required reports & communicate via emails
Job Type: Full-time
We have implemented Covid-19 safety protocols in our facilities including taking temps, sanitizing common surfaces, wearing masks as needed, etc. The youth are kept from public interaction, at this time, with few exceptions, for their safety.
Position Title: Residential Counselor
Facility Name: Boys Hope Girls Hope of Baltimore
Facility Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Contact Person: Crystal Harvey
Contact Phone #: 240.605.4697
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $38, 000
Position Title: Residential Counselor Coordinator (RCC)
Reports To: Program Director
Classification: Full-time, Live-in Optional, Nonexempt
Qualification: Minimum of 2 years college preferred or a minimum of 5 years experience working with adolescence. Must have a current driver's license with a good driving record of at least 3 years. All candidates are required to pass a physical, criminal, and motor vehicle background check.
I. General Description
• Residential Counselor Coordinator duties, not limited to:
• Making daily decisions regarding scholar's health
• Safety, emotional
• Social, spiritual development
• RCC provides emotional support for scholars by teaching and practicing transitional living skills
• RCC maintains parent and/or guardian relationships by coordinating communication with the scholars’ families
II. Household Management
• Maintaining and managing the household, such as:
• Food shopping, meal planning, and light housekeeping
• Maintains the home inside and outside in a clean and safe condition
• Ensures that the scheduled and necessary maintenance of property and vehicles is documented on required forms
• Tracks and documents all expenses with receipts and proper forms
• Notifies Program Director of any issues related to home maintenance and scholar needs/safety in writing
The RCC shall act as a role model for scholars, has positive relations with neighbors, community groups, schools, and authorities.