ComputerTime™ is parental-control software for Microsoft Windows that lets parents set limits on the amount of time and the time of day when their children can use the computer. SoftwareTime believes that the computer is an amazing tool for children, both for educational and social purposes. However, children need to have reasonable limits set for them, and that’s what ComputerTime allows you to do, quickly and easily. Parents no longer have to keep track of the time their children spend on the computer, ComputerTime does that for them. It takes just a few minutes to set limits for each child. ComputerTime gives back to parents the control they need over computer use.
I have used ComputerTime in my cottage as well as personally in my home for over 5 years. It has been the best program I have found to control the amount of time our children spend on the computer. Most other parental controls control the times your children can be on the computer, this program does that but also controls the AMOUNT of time your children can spend on the computer.
- Limit the amount of time in a day, week, or month (or combinations of these limits)
- Set specific times during the day when the computer may be used
- Allow only a certain amount of time on the computer at one sitting
- Disable the use of the computer entirely
- Alternate Limits – Set different limits for things like vacation week, or as a punishment
- Time Tokens – Provide additional time, without changing settings, as incentive or reward. The token can be provided from anywhere, even over the phone
- Can be use by any number of children in the household on the computer
- Automatic updates over the Web
- Password protected
- Different time limits for weekdays and weekends, or even individual days
We have started using version 3 at our facility and the fact that it works on networked computers is a great feature. Set one time limit and it doesn’t matter what computer your children log into, their time is deducted from that one limit. No need for separate time limits on separate computers.
For families, you can purchase a single license for $39.95, or get a family pack to cover all the computers in your home (up to 5) for $49.95. For those that would be purchasing it for their facility, I recommend contacting the publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org for site pricing, otherwise the cost is $39.95 per license.
Get more information about ComputerTime by visiting their website @ www.softwaretime.com.