Are You Looking for a Placement for Your Child?

I receive several phone calls and E-mails each month from parents in a difficult situation that are looking for a placement for their child.  Their children may seem to be out of control and/or be bipolar,  have ADHD or depression, using drugs, running away, ignoring curfew and/or exhibiting delinquent behavior, etc.  If you happen to be one of those parents right now looking, the only real assistance I can give you is to point you in another direction.

One place you may look is with your local government agency that deals with human services and foster care.  They go by several names depending on what state you are in:  Department of Family Services (DFS), Child Protective Services (CPS), Health and Human Services (HHS), etc.  They may be able to assist you in finding a placement and/or direct you to other services to help your situation.

You may also want to visit another website Woodbury Reports, Inc A resource for parents & professionals trying to help at-risk teenagers. Online since 1995 Includes a directory of various programs throughout the country. They visit and review programs as well as maintain a directory of programs available for placement.

Other sites that may be useful are:

National Association of Christian Child and Family Agencies (NACCFA) 

The Mission of National Youth Network is to educate parents of troubled teens on child behavior including attention deficit disorder, ADD, ADHD, drug abuse, teen depression, behavior modification or intervention programs such as wilderness programs, boarding schools, residential treatment and other adolescent programs. 

The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS) is the only US-based, non-profit educational organization exclusively serving boarding schools and students. Large Directory of US & Canadian Boarding Schools 

The National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP) According to their website NATSAP is an organization created in January of 1999 to serve as a national resource for programs and professionals assisting young people beleaguered by emotional and behavioral difficulties.

Finally you may want to visit my directory and find a facility that is close to where you live and contact them directly.  If they are unable to help you with placement, they may be able to direct you to local resources.

I truly wish I could be of more assistance but the purpose of my website is to help houseparents and others that work in residential childcare find positions and other resources to help them with that position, I just don’t have the expertise or resources to help with placements.

For the regular visitors of this site that are wondering why I have chosen to post this here it is because I am hoping to make a very stressful situation for a family a little less stressful. I don’t want them to waste their time, looking on my site for answers I am unable to give.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.